We are Hiring
General Operative to work in the coffee shop and kitchen based in the Stella Maris Centre, Kilmore Quay
KQCDA operates a Community Centre that provides a wide range of community support services including a coffee shop and a 6 day meals on wheels service, funded under the Community Services Programme (CSP) providing a contribution by way of supporting jobs in community organisations that operate to a social purpose to provide services that meet identified needs and provide employment locally contributing to sustainable, inclusive and empowered communities.
The position is part time (19.5 hours per week) and will require some weekend hours on a rostered basis. Kitchen management/customer service experience in a food/hospitality environment is a distinct advantage, training will be given.
Please note that applying for these positions must satisfy the Department of Rural and Community Development criteria to participate in Pobal CSP Scheme. The following target groups are a priority in terms of employment of people under CSP:
- People who are in the workforce but unemployed and seeking to return to work i.e., people who are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseekers Allowance (JA); people who are signing for credit
- Qualified Adults (Adult dependants of those in receipt of social welfare payment)
- People with Disabilities (PWD) i.e. in receipt of Disability Allowance, Blind Pension, Partial Capacity Benefit, or other disability benefit
- Ex-prisoners or people with a criminal conviction and in contact with the Probation Service
- Migrants, Refugees, Asylum Seekers, Irish Travellers, Roma
- People coming from a labour activation scheme i.e. Community Employment, TUS, or RSS placements
- One Parent Families (people who parent alone without sufficient resources and are in receipt of social welfare payments)
- People who are deserted, separated, divorced or widowed (People in receipt of Widow/er’s non-contributorypension, surviving Civil Partner’s non-contributory pension, or deserted Wives allowance/benefit)
- Carers (people in receipt of Carers Allowance/Benefit who want to return to the workforce)
- People who are homeless
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers
- Ukrainians- displaced by the war
For a full Job Description please email the Manager email@example.com
Closing Date for all applications: Friday, 8th December 2023
Please supply a copy of your CV with a covering letter
By email to
Post to Nuala Healy, Manager, KQCDA, Stella Maris Centre, Kilmore Quay, Co. Wexford, Y35 TH9W
Kilmore Quay Community Development Association CLG is an equal opportunities employer.