Kilmore Quay Community Development Association CLG
We now invite applications for the position of Manager
Kilmore Quay Community Development Association (KQCDA) promotes and co-ordinates community, cultural, economic, educational and tourism activities in the heritage village of Kilmore Quay and its immediate environs. Operating from the Stella Maris Community Centre, the Association houses a vibrant restaurant, a meals-on-wheels service and meeting and conference room facilities. The Centre is also a hub for sports activities and local groups. Our outdoor tourist initiatives include bike hire and the Ballyteigue Burrow which is of international conservation importance and part of Wexford’s Walking Trails. Our Kilmore Quay Seafood festival and “Write by the Sea, Kilmore Quay” are highly successful tourist attractions. We are also currently developing a heritage centre. We are now seeking a “hands-on” Manager to lead KQCDA through its next stage of development. This is a unique career opportunity to secure a management position in an expanding social enterprise.
Candidates will ideally have
- At least two years’ management experience (community, voluntary or local development sector management experience would be an advantage).
- A relevant third level qualification would be an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills, including email, MS Word and EXCEL.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written and presentation).
- Experience of managing and reporting on the day-to-day finances of a busy operation.
- The ability to form and maintain effective working relationships with a range of groups and agencies in the locality and in the community and tourism sector.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- An organised approach which ensures the delivery of a consistently high standard of work within the required time-frames.
- A high degree of personal integrity and a track record of flexibility and reliability.
- A strong commitment to community development and social change.
*For further information please see the full Job Description attached to this advertisement
To apply, please post two (2) copies of the following to The Chairperson, c/o Kilmore Quay Community Development Association, Stella Maris Centre, Kilmore Quay, Co Wexford:
- A covering letter which summarises your relevant experience and clearly demonstrates your suitability
- Your curriculum vitae
- Your envelope should be clearly marked “KQCDA Manager” and should arrive no later than 4.00 pm on Thursday, 5th October 2017.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the information contained in their submitted covering letter and CV.
- We anticipate holding interviews early in the week of 16th October 2017.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Location: Kilmore Quay Community Development Association, Stella Maris Centre, Kilmore Quay, Co Wexford.
Salary: circa €35,000 commensurate with experience.
Contract Type: Full time (39 hours per week) one-year, fixed term contract, subject to funding.
Probation: a probationary period of six months will apply.
Note: the nature of the work may require working unsocial hours – evenings and weekends – and access to own transport is essential. This position is subject to Garda Vetting in line with KQCDA policy.
KQCDA is an Equal Opportunities Employer